SORP 2005 COMPLIANCE COURSES FOR ACCOUNTANTS AND TRUSTEES
These are the details of the courses in the early New Year for accountants who advise charities and for charity trustees.
The courses will help charities, both large and small, and their trustees and administrators to comply with their duties under the 2005 Charity SORP.
We have been able to secure financial backing from Sage Software plc and from Peninsula, the employment law specialists, and from the National Campaign. These national organisations want to help the charity sector in meeting their compliance duties. With their help, we can keep the cost of these courses to the absolute minimum, at only £30 plus VAT.
The courses will qualify for 5.25 hours CPD, and will be held at:
- St Albans - 14th February,
- Leeds - 16th February and 21st March,
- Tysoe (Warwickshire) - 24th February
- York - 21st February.
DOWNLOAD BOOKING FORM HERE >>>
The courses will cover (from the perspective of both the charity and its advisor):-
- The accounting and bookkeeping requirements of the SORP
- The requirements for the contents of the trustees' report
- The training and induction of trustees
- Policies on reserves, investments, and risk assessment to comply with the SORP
- A range of other topical and relevant charity governance issues.
Even the very smallest of charities should be taking urgent action. The SORP implies that charities should have a formal programme to train trustees in their legal, ethical and governance responsibilities. These courses will help to comply with this requirement at very low cost. They will also help charity advisors, such as accountants, to keep up to date with a broad range of charity issues, as ell as specific accounting requirements.